Thursday, February 5, 2015

New Friends

Since I arrived at Sac State, I have met many people. Making new friends was king of hard for me at first. I felt like I had to do anything and everything in order to meet new people when I first got here. I made some decisions that were not the best when I first started and hung around people that were not really trying to be my friends, simply just making school harder and stressing me out about everything. Luckily, I met the people I am friends with now.

I honestly don't know what I would have done right now, that I've been in a need for friends, if I didn't have the people I currently hang out with now. Making friends in college turned out to be harder than I thought. Although the people here are very nice and they are open minded, you never know who is truly your friend.

Recently, I've come to realize that you never truly know someone until you hit their breaking point. It can be very stressful to hang around the wrong people and that's why you always have to be careful who you wind up with. But at a time like this and in the age we are in, friendship is what is going to get us through the hardest times we are going to face. College has proven to be nothing like high school and I have realized that you need people who will truly be there for you no matter the situation in order to survive through it.

4 comments:

  1. I forgot how hard that first year of college was - thanks for reminding me. I actually ended up making my best friends in sophomore and junior years, so just remember that there's still a lot more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first year is always the hardest at any school. I hopped around schools so much that I kind of got used to not having friends that often. Now everyone is so worried about making friends at college that it is actually easy. just know this YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is only the beginning to an amazing experience! I think that the best you can do is learn from what happened the first year and then apply it to next year whether it be academically or socially. You seem like a kind and chill person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand how you feel. It will get better tho!

    ReplyDelete