Saturday, March 21, 2015

Response to Turkle

Technology is so advanced that we are not going to be able to get rid of it. There are also many pros to having technology, but we have become too immersed in the technological world. We have to learn how to live with it or else our lives are going to be so unhappy. Have you ever tried not being on your phone for a whole day? I tried it not too long ago and it felt so miserable. But why would it feel so miserable if I have lived before without a phone? There are really no excuses at this point to say that we cannot live without our phone. If we tried hard enough we could. Sometimes it is good to take a break so that you can focus on what matters. We complain we do not spend enough time with our families and friends, but when we do spend time with them we do not focus our time and attention on them which does not make sense at all.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. As much as I love my technology it has taken over in many ways. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try going a week or two without using the internet on your phone and see how different everything is. When I did this experiment I noticed people actually become more antisocial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my phone a lot to know what is going around me, I feel like I need to use my phone because if not I would not know what is going on. I think is good to have technology but it is not good to overuse it.
    By the way you are right, I have seen people that go our to spend time together and they actually spend a lot of that time on their phones. Kind of ironic right?

    ReplyDelete