My source was a short article about 6 key findings about college graduates vs high school graduates. Here is the link http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/02/11/6-key-findings-about-going-to-college/. Its a very short piece and includes mostly graphs. But the graphs tell a lot about the entire situation.
We are all in college, and our parents, or someone is investing a lot of time, effort and money in gaining our degree. But is it all really worth it? This question probably races through a lot of our minds as we go on with our daily lives going to class and working or doing whatever it is we all do.
If you look at the key findings in this article you would argue that the degree is definitely worth the time, effort, and money. While the numbers add up and they really do get you thinking, I want to see how much of a difference it really makes to have your degree, or even the difference in the type of degree you have attained. There are many who go for the 2 year plan instead of the 4 year plan. What really is the difference between the two plus the ones who simply graduated high school?
There are so many different factors that contribute to this controversy. There are not enough, books, charts, graphs, articles, or stories I could read that would really give me the right answer. All I could really do is try it myself. I know school isn't for everyone and there are many who will do just fine without a degree, but I want to have an idea of the actual differences and the actual benefits.
I think about this all the time, like if going to college and putting myself in debt is really worth it. Of course the college graduates make more in their lifetime as your source says but i start to look at people who didn't go to college and make a good living such as my parents.I have friends who chose to work and save money because they feel they can always come back to school and i wonder sometimes if i should've gone that route. I guess it just depends on the persons preferences.
ReplyDeleteI also think and wonder if college is worth it. I myself am not fond of school. But I must get through it. Overall I feel it is worth it and will get you far in life
ReplyDelete