Saturday, April 11, 2015

Response to Muller

Richard Muller argues that we should consider how we are storing nuclear waste. He mostly argues that we should not be worrying about nuclear waste because we should never have the problem in the first place. The government is not making sound decisions about what to do with the waste that we have accumulated through the years for no good reason.

I think Muller's argument was good because he gave some really good points about the entire situation. But he did not offer his own plan of solution to this problem. I wanted to hear more answers. He didn't argue a solution which kind of left me lingering. I want to know what he plans for us to do in order to get rid of this problem. Because its a huge problem that we should all be thinking about.

His language was very effective, he used words that caught my attention and phrases as well. For example when he asked if we were insane, thinking that we could just dump all the waste in capsules and bury them under water, he really made me giggle because it's a serious question that sounds kind of crazy. The entire concept is crazy.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. It's an interesting topic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good job analyzing and responding to the article. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your idea that I wish he put his own solution to the problem, it would have made the article better.

    ReplyDelete